You’ve probably already heard the exciting news that Google recently launched free booking links within Google Hotel Search, driving direct bookings for hotels at no charge from Google. This timely, game-changing move is intended to connect hotels directly with travelers, and to drive a better hotel search experience for travel bookers too.
As a Google partner, WebRezPro property management system can connect your property’s rates and inventory directly to Google for distribution on Google Hotel Search, along with a free booking link that takes potential guests to your WebRezPro online booking engine to book with you direct.
For most lodging businesses, Google’s free booking links present a fantastic opportunity, but if you’re not quite sure what it’s all about, keep reading to learn how Google’s free booking links work, and how they can benefit your property.
What Are Free Booking Links?
Free booking links appear in the hotel booking module, below hotel ads (paid booking links), when travel bookers search for a hotel on Google. A property’s free booking link is displayed beside the property name, along with an “official site” badge and the direct room rate for the selected itinerary. When a user clicks on the free booking link (“visit site” button), they are taken to the property’s online booking engine to book direct.
How to Get Free Booking Links on Google
Previously, lodging providers had to buy hotel ads to appear in the booking module along with a booking link, but not anymore. While paid listings (ads) will appear first in the “Ads – Featured options” section, all you need to get a direct booking link in the organic “All options” section (displayed below ads) is a verified Google My Business profile (free), and a booking engine that connects to Google.
Google My Business >> Google My Business allows hotel owners to manage their property’s information across Google, including Search and Maps. You probably already have a Google My Business profile, and know how important it is to make sure it’s claimed, complete and accurate to help travelers find, trust and engage with your business online. If you haven’t yet created or claimed your property’s Google My Business profile, check out Google’s helpful guide for hotels.
Booking engine integration >> Once your Google My Business listing is complete, your property will appear in Google Search and Maps, without prices. To share your rates and availability on Google, you’ll need a booking engine that connects to Google. As a Google connectivity partner, WebRezPro PMS automatically sends real-time rate and availability updates to Google for distribution across Google’s hotel search. By sharing your rates with Google, free booking links that take travel bookers directly to your booking engine will automatically appear with your listings.
WebRezPro + Google Integration: The Benefits
WebRezPro is proud to be a Google connectivity partner and to help drive direct, commission-free bookings for hotels. Every day, millions of people around the world use Google to search for places to stay. While having a presence on Google helps more travelers discover your property, sharing your direct rates and availability on Google attracts potential guests to your property and makes it easy for them to book direct with you.
WebRezPro’s automated connection to Google ensures your property’s direct rates and availability are always up-to-date across Google’s hotel search. When a potential guest clicks on your free booking link, they will be taken to your conversion-driving WebRezPro online booking engine to enjoy a user-friendly (and mobile-friendly) direct booking experience.
Benefits of the WebRezPro + Google partnership:
- Your property’s live rates and availability are automatically displayed in Google Hotel Search.
- The automated integration between WebRezPro and Google ensures your rates and availability are always accurate and up to date.
- Through the direct connection, your property is eligible to receive the “official site” badge on Google.
- Free booking links connect to your WebRezPro online booking engine for direct, commission-free bookings and more profit.
- Reservations generated from Google can be automatically tracked via market code for reporting purposes.
- Your property gains control of guest data and communications.
“As the travel industry recovers, it’s crucial for hotels to reach more customers online, and for most that means Google,” said Frank Verhagen, President at World Web Technologies, Inc., the company behind WebRezPro. “Our integration with Google gets a hotel’s direct rates and inventory in front of more prospective guests, driving more direct bookings and profit for hotels.”
Get Connected: Next Steps
Ready to share your rates with Google and get more direct bookings and revenue? It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Update your Google My Business Profile: Make sure your Google My Business profile is verified and up to date with your hotel information. (Here’s a helpful guide from Google.)
- Opt in your rates and inventory through WebRezPro: Contact us (or contact your WebRezPro account executive directly) to start sending your rates and availability to display on Google. Please note, standard WebRezPro integration fees may apply.
- Enjoy more direct bookings and revenue!